Sunday 16 March 2014

Simple Sunday Lunch

 

There are few things better than a delicious, easy Sunday lunch. I am sick of making grilled cheese after church. My kids have been fighting veggies and it was time to deal with it. So dealt with it, I did.

Lately I've been craving Korean food, but I didn't have the time or energy to create bulgogi, or bimbimbap. But I stilled wanted some Korean flavour. I always have sticky rice in my fridge, because... you never know... 

I warmed the sticky rice, added a wee bit of butter, fried some eggs sunny side up, put it on the hot rice with a splash of sesame oil and sprinkling of toasted sesame seed. Mix it all up with a spoon and it's delicious!

Then I made some shrimp veggies skewers. Any raw veggies would do. I chose cucumber, orange bell pepper, grape tomatoes and avocado. The shrimp was from a frozen shrimp ring that's been taking up freezer room. My kids LOVED them. What's more fun than pulling food off a stick? Apparently nothing. I got 2 "Mom, best lunch EVER!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment