Wednesday 4 September 2013

Back to School :'(

Well, the day is here. My beautiful Rayna is off to school for the first time! As a teacher, I figured I would be absolutely fine with this day. Turns out that's not the case. I don't think any of us are ever truly prepared to pass our young children off to someone else. 


We have worked hard to instil values, morals, responsibility and kindness into our children. We are used to being in control of what they are exposed to. I am her protector, encourager and cheer leader. Releasing her into the hands of someone else who doesn't know or understand her joys, fears or quirks is terrifying. The only strength I have in this is that no matter what she is in God's hands. He is her true protector and I'm just going to have to trust him in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment